Teaching Staff Vacancies
If the role you are searching for does not appear below, please visit our talent pool page and register your interest to be considered for new and upcoming vacancies.
For all vacancies, all applicants must submit a completed Application Form, in line with Safer Recruitment in Schools guidelines. Please click on a vacancy to download the Application Form.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all members of the community.
Huxlow Science College is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff & volunteers to share this commitment. DBS, Reference, Identity, Criminal Record and Medical Checks are essential for all posts at the College.
Teacher of Science
for April 2018
MPS/UPS plus a relocation allowance where eligible
We are excited to announce we are looking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic Teacher of Science for September 2017.
Huxlow Science College is located in semi-rural Northamptonshire and has exceptional road and rail links. The College is a very warm and friendly school with a fantastic student body and dedicated and talented staff. You will join us at an exciting time as we continue our journey to become an outstanding academy.
We are passionate about caring for our students, ensuring that they are all known as individuals. Ofsted June 2016 stated that “everyone in the school puts pupils’ well-being at the centre of everything they do”.
We have high expectations of our pupils. Ofsted June 2016 stated “pupils know the high standards of behaviour expected of them” and “as a result, they behave well in lessons”.
Our vision for the school is to deliver outstanding education to our students, not only in terms of academic success, but by ensuring we develop the “whole child”. In order to enjoy a successful adult life it is important that our students develop characteristics such as leadership, organisation, resilience, initiative, and communication.
Science at Huxlow has a rich history of success. Results are outstanding with ‘value added’ ranking us as one of the top schools. In 2015, 80% of GCSE candidates gained at least two grade C’s or above. Triple Science results are always significantly above the national average for all three disciplines.
We are looking to appoint the best teacher. Given the size and strength of the team, we are able to accommodate a candidate specialising in any of the Science disciplines.
We recognise that to realise our vision we need to attract, develop and reward our people. We are an ‘Investor in People’, and are committed to the professional development and career progression of our employees. Many of our new staff have rapidly developed into good and outstanding teachers and have often gained promotion within our school.
The successful candidate will:
- Improve as a teacher through our tailored professional development programme (we run weekly training sessions that all staff have access to in addition to bespoke individual development)
- Have the opportunity to develop as a leader once settled in post
- Have opportunities for promotion (in a relatively small College new opportunities for leadership and personal development frequently arise)
- Be supported by a performance management system that rewards excellence
- Have access to national ground-breaking Science CPD via PiXL Teacher of Science for September 2017 MPS/UPS plus a relocation allowance where eligible
- Have fantastic peer support from established colleagues with long-standing teaching experience and a passion for their subject
The essential qualities for the Teacher of Science include:
- A qualified and effective classroom practitioner with an experience of teaching KS3 & KS4
- A commitment to, and a passion for, the teaching of Science
- A commitment to developing their own pedagogy and that of others
- A commitment to meeting all the requirements for safeguarding children
- Effective organisation and communication skills
- A commitment to inclusion
Closing date: Thursday 26 January 2017 @ 12 noon
Interviews: w/c 30 January 2017
Prospective applicants are very welcome to visit the College and meet staff and students. If you are interested in visiting the College, please contact Karen Squires (HR Manager)
- By telephone: 01933 650496 ext.1229
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all vacancies, all applicants must submit a completed Application Form, in line with Safer Recruitment in Schools guidelines. Please download and complete the Application Form below and return to Karen Squires (HR Manager)
- By e-mail: email@example.com
- By post: Huxlow Science College, Finedon Road, Irthlingborough, Northamptonshire, NN9 5TY