Suitable clothing is available from many local shops and stores but certain items are only available from our College suppliers, 'Karlsports'.
'Karlsports' order forms are always available from Reception or can be downloaded above. You can order uniform directly from Karlsports' website at the link above. Alternatively, please return order forms to Reception with the correct money or cheque made payable to ‘Karlsports’ in a named sealed envelope clearly stating UNIFORM ORDER. Uniform will be delivered directly to your address or directly to the school.
What do students need for College?
- Black skirt (knee length) or tailored trousers (plain, black belt if required) not casual,denim, jeans, leggings, chinos or corduroy –the final decision on what is appropriate will be made by the school
- White collared shirt
- House tie
- Black shoes (heel less than 6cm, shoes must have backs i.e. not mules)
- Navy blue blazer with College logo
- Navy blue V-necked sweater with College logo - optional
Years 8 - 11
- Navy blue blazer with College logo and/or
- Navy blue V-necked sweater with College logo
- Navy PE shorts with the College name
- Navy polo shirt with the College PE logo
- Trainers with white sports socks
- Football boots with navy socks
- Navy sweatshirt (girls) or Navy rugby shirt (boys) with the College PE logo and navy jogging bottoms with the College PE logo
The following garments do not come within the above guidelines and are not allowed:
- Nose studs or other facial/tongue piercings
- Boots with steel toe caps or studs
- Leather or denim garments.
Guidelines on hair and make-up
The College disapproves of untidy hair styles or extremes of hair fashion. Hair may only be dyed to a naturally occurring colour. The college must reserve the right to judge what an unsuitable style is, in its opinion.
- In years 7, 8 and 9 – Make-up is not acceptable to be worn at college.
- In years 10 and 11 – A reasonable amount of lightly applied make-up is permitted. The College will reserve the right to judge what a reasonable amount is.
All students are expected to provide the following essential equipment:
- A suitable bag (large enough to carry books and P.E. kit)
- Pen, pencil, ruler, rubber, coloured crayons, compasses, a pocket calculator and a small dictionary.
Parents are strongly advised not to send children to College with any large sums of money or valuable items such as phones, watches or jewellery. It must be emphasised that neither teachers, the College nor the Local Authority can take responsibility should any valuables be lost, damaged or stolen. If parents wish to let their children bring such valuable items to College they are advised to make their own arrangements to insure against the risks involved. All items of clothing should be clearly marked with the owner’s name.