Business and Community
The existence of strong links between schools and businesses and our communities is of benefit to all concerned. Over the years we have established links with our communities and a variety of businesses both locally and further afield. Many in the local community are keen to get involved in helping to develop and encourage our students as they step out of school and into the world of work. We also encourage our community to contact us with ideas for community development projects our students and staff can complete.
Involvement can include:
- offering work experience placements with constructive overseeing and feedback for students,
- participation in mock interviews for our Year 11, 12 and 13 students, helping to prepare them for college, university, apprenticeships and employment.
- presentations on topics of interest to students, either as a whole year group or within specific curriculum areas.
- community project ideas our students and staff can complete.
- supplying materials or loaning equipment for specific projects.
- supporting events within the school to provide a window into the world of work and an understanding of the realities involved.
Benefits for the community and businesses include:
- opportunity to pass on their experience and expertise to the younger members of the community.
- to work directly with young people they may wish to employ.
- to assist in the development of skills to the benefit of their own businesses.
- to network and liaise with other business individuals within and beyond the community.
- the raise the profile of their business at school events and through the donation of items or awards.
- to build relations with key individuals responsible for the commissioning of on-site work at the school.
- to view the school facilities available for hire at first-hand.
If you would like work with us please contact Mrs C Cox (Headteacher's PA)
- By phone: 01933 650496
- By email: email@example.com