Autumn Term 2017 sports round-up
Huxlow’s sports teams have continued to go from strength to strength this term, with a great run of results. The new Year 7 teams have also made a strong start. Highlights from the Autumn Term include:
- Year 7 Boys Football: finished runners up in the District League and also in the District Cup Final
- Year 7 Girls Basketball (below): District Champions and will now represent the District at the County Winter Games
- Year 8 Boys Dodgeball: District Champions and will now represent the District at the County Winter Games
- Year 8 Girls Indoor Athletics: finished third place in the District competition and will now go on to represent the District at the County Winter Games
- Years 8 - 11 Indoor Rowing: Four teams have qualified for the County Rowing Championships
- Years 7 - 11 Cross Country: Eleven students have qualified to represent the District at the County Championships
There was a fantastic turn out from students and staff throughout the week at the House Dodgeball competition (below) in October. Overall results were Golden Eagles 1st, Green Ospreys 2nd, Blue Falcons 3rd and Red Kites 4th.
Most able KS3 students from Huxlow’s Leadership Academy (below) have also had a busy term officiating at District tournaments. “Well done to all of you, you are fantastic sports leaders and are a credit to Huxlow” says Mr Letts, Learning Leader for PE.
All students at Huxlow have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of extra-curricular clubs during and after the College day. In addition, we have teams that represent Huxlow in football, netball, basketball, rowing, volleyball, dodgeball, athletics, softball, rounders, cycling, cross country. Keep up with all the news, fixtures and results from the Huxlow PE department and sports teams with Twitter @HuxlowPE
The PE curriculum at Huxlow aims to enable all young people to become:
- successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve
- confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives
- responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society.