Suitable clothing is available from many local shops and stores but certain items are only available from our College suppliers, 'Karlsports'.
'Karlsports' order forms are always available from Reception or can be downloaded above. You can order uniform directly from Karlsports' website at the link above. Alternatively, please return order forms to Reception with the correct money or cheque made payable to ‘Karlsports’ in a named sealed envelope clearly stating UNIFORM ORDER. Uniform will be delivered directly to your address or directly to the school.
What do students need for College?
NB. From September 2019, blazers will be compulsory for Year 7, 8 & 9 and optional for Year 10-11
- Black skirt (knee length) or black, tailored trousers (trousers should not be casual, denim, jeans, leggings, jeggings, chinos, corduroy or pull-up) the final decision on what is appropriate will be made by the College
- White collared shirt
- House tie
- Navy blue, white or black socks
- Black low heeled shoes (i.e. less than 6cm), not boots or trainers
Year 7, 8 and 9
- Navy blue blazer with College logo
- Navy blue V-necked sweater with College logo - optional
Years 10 - 11
- Navy blue blazer with College logo and/or
- Navy blue V-necked sweater with College logo
- Navy PE shorts embroidered with College sports logo
- Navy quick dry polo with College sports logo
- Trainers with white sports socks
- Football boots with navy socks
- Navy microfiber tracksuit bottoms with College sports logo or navy leggings with College sports logo
- Navy sweatshirt with College sports logo
- Navy rugby shirt with College sports logo
Jewellery is not considered suitable for College, with the exception of a watch, a single pair of 'sleeper' or 'stud' earrings (one in each ear) and one plain signet ring. Body and facial piercing is not acceptable.
Extreme hair styles are not acceptable. Hair may only be dyed to a naturally occurring hair colour. The College reserves the right to judge what is, in its opinion, extreme. Hair should be tied back if requested for health and safety reasons during PE, Science and Design Technology lessons.
- Years 7 & 8 - Make-up is not acceptable to be worn at College
- Years 9, 10 and 11 - A reasonable amount of lightly applied make-up is permitted; the College will reserve the right to judge what a reasonable amount is, in its opinion
- False nails and eyelashes are not appropriate to be worn at College
All students are expected to provide the following essential equipment:
- A suitable bag (large enough to carry books and P.E. kit)
- Pen, pencil, ruler, rubber, coloured crayons, compasses, a pocket calculator and a small dictionary.
Parents are strongly advised not to send children to College with any large sums of money or valuable items such as phones, watches or jewellery. It must be emphasised that neither teachers, the College nor the Local Authority can take responsibility should any valuables be lost, damaged or stolen. If parents wish to let their children bring such valuable items to College they are advised to make their own arrangements to insure against the risks involved. All items of clothing should be clearly marked with the owner’s name.